Top 4 Hot Areas to Invest in Surrey
About the City of Surrey
The city of Surrey is located in Southwestern British Columbia and is part of Metro Vancouver. It is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, with a population of approximately 1.2 Million people. It is also home to many immigrants from across the world who make up more than 40% of Surrey’s population.
Where to live in lower mainland depends on your preferences. This article outlines some of the most popular surrey neighborhoods for newcomers.
- Cloverdale – located on the south side of the Fraser River, just to the east of New Westminster.
- Fleetwood – located on the north side of the Fraser River, just to the west of Port Coquitlam.
- Newton – located in central Surrey between Whalley and Guildford.
- South Surrey – located in south-central Surrey, just east of Cloverdale.
- Guildford – located in eastern Surrey, just north of Newton and south of South Surrey.
- City Center / Whalley – A district within Surrey’s central business district which includes Surrey City Hall, as well as many other government offices and services.
Some Quick Facts
- Surrey is the second-largest city in British Columbia, Canada. It is located just south of BC’s largest city, Vancouver.
- Surrey has been ranked the best place to invest in real estate in British Columbia
- Surrey’s population grew 0.65% from 2021 and now sits at 1,215,403
- Surrey’s population is projected to increase by over 304,010 in the next 31 years. This represents a growth rate of over 2.15% per year, which is more than double the rate of Metro Vancouver as a whole (1.05%).
Surrey’s Connectivity to Rest of The Lower Mainland
Surrey is well connected to Vancouver by a bus service called Translink which runs buses every 20 minutes on weekdays between Surrey Central Skytrain Station and King George Station in Vancouver’s downtown core (it takes about 30 minutes).
The same bus takes about 20 minutes to get from Surrey Central Skytrain Station to Guildford Town Centre Shopping Mall where there is another bus terminal that connects with more areas within Surrey as well as other parts of Metro Vancouver such as Burnaby, North Vancouver and Coquitlam.
Surrey has become a popular destination for new Canadians because it offers affordable housing options and a high quality of life. Below are some of the best neighbourhoods for newcomers living in Surrey.
Top 4 Investment Destinations In and Around Surrey
Cloverdale is one of the most popular neighbourhoods in Surrey and one of the oldest communities in all of British Columbia.
This community was first established back in 1858 after gold was discovered nearby at the foot of Indian Arm.
Today it’s known for its small town charm and friendly atmosphere. There are plenty of parks, trails and shops within walking distance from your apartment rental or pre construction property or a completed condo here as well.
2. South Surrey
South Surrey – South Surrey has been named one of the 10 best places to live in Canada by MoneySense magazine and it’s easy to see why.
It’s a family-friendly community with plenty of parks and trails, great schools and an abundance of shopping options including Cloverdale Mall, Guildford Town Centre and Whalley Village Mall.
There are plenty of presale condos available for sale in this area and you can check our presale directory here to find out the top pre construction projects in South surrey
As Surrey’s second-largest city, Guildford is a great place to live and invest in real estate. Located just east of Vancouver, Guildford is a convenient option for anyone looking to live close to the city without breaking the bank on real estate prices.
Guildford Recreation Centre is the main shopping destination in the area, and you will also find plenty of restaurants, cafes, and shops along the Guildford Town Centre strip. Homes in Guildford are also relatively affordable, making it a popular choice for first-time home buyers.
If you are looking for a family-friendly neighbourhood with plenty of amenities, Guildford is a great option.
The main attraction in Fleetwood is the Fleetwood Town Centre, which provides a wide variety of shops, restaurants, and services. Agriculture is also a major industry in Fleetwood, and you will find plenty of farms and green spaces in the area.
Both Resale & Presale real estate in Fleetwood are also relatively affordable, making it a popular choice for first-time home buyers.
So there we have it. Surrey, BC is one of the best places to live in Canada. There is a neighbourhood for every taste & budget. Surrey is a diverse, forward-thinking city with plenty to offer for both investors and first-time home buyers.
Book a FREE Buyer Consultation with Ravi Bhindi by calling or texting at 604-825-8881